CP Group MRF Design Principles
We don’t just manufacture machines, we engineer solutions.
Our principled approach increases system performance while minimizing labor costs and operating expenses, further enhancing the economic viability of a MRF.
material into similar streams
2D material from 3D
Split the material stream
- In the first MRF design principle, we provide a solution to mechanically split large volumes of inbound mixed material into similarly sized streams. This creates a parallel process to increase downstream machine efficiencies.
- Primary separation, by our CP Auger Screen™, diverts 60% or more of undersized fraction away from traditional single-stream presort.
- This solution eliminates 50% or more manual sorters typically required on traditional presort. Therefore, worker safety is increased by bypassing undersized fraction where sharps, glass, needles and other dangerous materials that are in the stream.
- In addition, worker productivity is increased by reducing volume on traditional presort to allow sorters to see the “big uglies” — large items like bulky rigids, metals, residue and wrapping hazards.
Preparation for downstream efficiencies
- After the initial principle, the next step to MRF design is to mechanically prepare material for downstream processing. High-capacity, high-agitation screens liberate fluffy, high-volume 2D material from rigid 3D material.
- These machines are the lowest maintenance screens in the industry with unmatched disc longevity:
- Another key component to liberation is agitating material with our high amplitude disc screens. The constant up and down movement shakes loose dirt, food, glass shards, and dirty fines particles stuck to the commodity. The liberation process increases a higher purity standard as commodities continues down to the next phase.
Selectively sort your materials
- Lastly, our MRF designs optically separate commodities for high volume, low cost recovery. This selective sorting keeps operating expenses low and delivers high volume separation and high purity recovery.
- MSS optical sorters run at the fastest belt speeds (1,000 feet per minute) on the widest belts (112 inches). As a result, there is more tonnage processed and more picks per minute on a single unit.
- Our separation solution offers the highest purity of selected commodities and flexibility for future needs. As material streams evolve and markets change, our MSS optical sorters give the option to change the recipe selection and recover different material with the touch of a button.
- The MSS CIRRUS FiberMax™ optical sorter helps reduce headcount on fiber QC lines and improves the marketability of fiber. Our units can process more than 1,500 up to 2,000 picks per minute.
- The MSS CIRRUS PlasticMax™ optical is the industry’s most efficient optical sorter for containers and plastic recovery. PlasticMax™ accurately identifies and recovers the most challenging material, such as short fills, labels, and PET-G.
Principled Solutions for MRF Design
CP Group delivers the most advanced sorting systems and equipment. Our solutions exceed expectations by focusing on customer experience, innovative engineering, top quality machinery and future proof system designs. We know the results our customers need to achieve, we understand the expectations and we focus on the lowest cost per ton solutions. Our MRFs are designed with the flexibility and performance to meet the high market requirements of today while being equipped to handle the challenges of tomorrow.
Our design philosophy is defining the future of the MRF.